BNN invited Ted Rechtshaffen to discuss the findings and share his insights on saving for our retirement.
To better assist you in making effective savings decisions and as importantly how best to invest it, we invite you to connect directly for a no obligation discussion – simply click here and we will have one of our Wealth Advisors connect with you.
We also recently outlined the differences between an RRSP and TFSA (Tax Free Savings Account) contribution.
Other key findings of the bank sponsored poll include:
- 54 per cent of Canadians indicate that they will not make an RRSP contribution for the 2014 tax year
- 32 per cent of Canadians intend to contribute
- 16 per cent have already made their RRSP contribution
- 16 per cent say they plan to contribute
- 14 per cent say they are undecided about contributing